At Online Door Store we understand that it can be confusing when you are looking to buy a new door for your home, there are so many different styles of door for you to choose from.
We are here to help you make the right decision, whether it’s a Period Door or something more modern, whether it be an internal door or an external door, fitting the right door will complement
the aesthetic appearance of your home for many years to come.
If it is an external door you are looking for then making the right choice of door is no small task considering that it will have a significant effect on the whole appearance of your home.
Here are a few tips that may help you with your choice:
- First of all, budget, how much are you prepared to spend on your new external door? Considering the elements and weather conditions of this country it is unwise to scrimp on
an external door.
- What door is going to compliment the character of your home and its surroundings, how will it look from the inside as well as the outside of your home?
- Finishing and dressing your door will also require consideration, are you looking for a natural finish or painted (see the guide on care for your door) will it complement the period
look of your home. What furniture are you going to dress it with? (lock, letter box, door knocker, etc)
- Security; the external doors are the entrance to your home. Why would you compromise the safety and security of your home by fitting an inferior external door? Also consider the door
frame, is that suitable for the door, a good frame is every bit as important as the door itself.
- Fire Doors: in certain situations in the home it is not only advisable but also a legal requirement in certain cases to fit a fire door. We have a wide range of properly certified fire
doors, both glazed and unglazed in a choice of styles. See also our guide on fire doors.
- Supplier reliability, we at Online Door Store only supply good, solid wooden doors. The popularity of natural solid wood doors has grown over recent times and we have access to
a large range of doors for all looks and purposes.
- Glazed or unglazed, traditional or modern, a fire door or a standard type, what size is best and what finish should you apply? We can help you with all these questions…..
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our team who will be more than willing to assist you with any queries you may have in selecting the right door.